Dual Enrollment is the broad term for various types of opportunities for high school students to take college coursework while they are enrolled in high school.

Dual Enrollment Models for Awarding Credit

  1. A Dual Credit course awards both high school credit and college credit for a college course taken by the high school student. The decision to award high school credit for the college course rests with the school district, provided that the decision is consistent with applicable laws, policies, and administrative rules. 

    Seek advice from your high school counselor. If dual credit is requested, your high school counselor will determine course applicability and credit equivalency. The high school is the final authority on what is required for high school graduation. The student is responsible for making sure all requirements are met.

    Students interested in Dual Credit courses should contact their high school counselors and the Registrar’s Office at Helena College, 406-447-6909.

    You can print your application and registration forms here, or obtain the forms from your high school counselor.

  1. A College Credit only course awards college credit, but not high school credit, for a college course taken by the high school student. Currently we deliver these courses through On Campus Experience.

    On-Campus Experience allows juniors and seniors in high school to take college courses from Helena College. You do not receive high school credit for any classes taken as an On Campus Experience Student.

    Students register by filling out the following application (first time On Campus Experience Students) and registration form. You do not need to fill out the application each semester, but you will need to fill out the registration form each semester you want to enroll in classes. If you would like us to release information to you, or your family you need to fill out the following Release of Information form and return it to the Registrar’s Office.

    Students must satisfy all course prerequisites and placement requirements. These can include COMPASS Exam scores, ACT/SAT scores, MUSWA writing scores, or other campus-specific exam(s). If you have taken ACT or SAT, request that your official ACT or SAT test scores be sent directly to the college.

Return Application and Registration Materials to:

Helena College, 1115 North Roberts, Helena, MT 59601

*** All fees are waived, students are responsible to pay 50% of tuition costs ***